About the team
The Terrapins are a member club of the Pacific Swimming Association of USA Swimming. The Terrapins are recognized as one of the top swim teams in the country and offer a comprehensive program for novice through Olympic hopeful athletes. The Terrapins are a non-profit corporation (ID #68-0106032) and are administered through a board of directors comprised of parent volunteers and coaches. The Terrapin foundation is built upon a tremendous amount of hard work by many volunteers, coaches, parents and swimmers. In addition to the year-round competitive team, the Terrapins offer the following programs:
Statement of Philosophy and Goals:
Our main objective is to offer a comprehensive youth swim team to all Contra Costa youth. We aspire to develop swimmers from the novice beginner to the most advanced Olympic hopeful. Of primary concern is the teaching of skills that promote improvement in the sport of swimming while concurrently promoting healthy and productive lifestyles.
1) Through our daily training and goal setting, foster such positive attributes as self-esteem, self-reliance, discipline, confidence, respect, and team pride.
2) Instill in our swimmers the importance of a "work ethic." Our motto is "success comes through hard work and dedication."
3) Promote leadership and community involvement.
4) Provide an athletic alternative to destructive youth behavior.
5) Prepare our swimmers to excel in college, both academical and athletically.
6) Promote the ideals of academic achievement as well as athletic achievement.
GUITAR LESSONS FOR ALL LEVELS
25 years teaching experience at Countrywood Music
Click Here for 20% discount flyer &
ask about free instruction book deal
Call Jeff direct at: (925) 550-2302